Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just who is Give A Stitch?

Just exactly who are we? We're just a group of people who like to knit or crochet with all levels of experience -- from those who never picked up a hook before to well-seasoned addicts. We stitch warm fuzzies to donate to those in need. Currently, we are stitching blocks to make into afghans.

The group is a totally brand new group -- not associated with anybody else. As far as we know, there is no other Give A Stitch organization out there. (I Googled it so it must be true.) Michelle cast on the first stitch to get it started. Debra jumped in with both feet (no pun intended) to help get it organized -- she even came up with the great name! And don't forget all the fabulous donations she got, too!!

Originally, it started as a BGE group but it is open to anyone that would like to help knit warm fuzzies for those in need.

Michelle created a logo to go with the fantastic name. Give A Stitch merchandise is available through www.zazzle.com/giveastitch. The products sold there are "provided" by Zazzle.com. The commission received from the sale of Give A Stitch products will be used for the charity we donate our warm fuzzies to.

This blog is maintained by both Michelle and Debra. We've got lots of helpful links and information here. If you run across a great website, let me know and I'll get it added.

So basically that's us all rolled up into a ball of yarn. We are just a bunch of people who have fun doing something we enjoy that helps others. How perfect can that be? :)

Come bust a stitch with us!

3 comments:

Otter said...

Hi, I'm Debra's sister. You should hear how she brags about the group. I am so thrilled for all of you. To show my support, I bought a bag. I can hardly wait till it gets here.
Best of luck to all of you!
Cyndye B

whimzeenator said...

Thanks so much for your support! We are soooooo lucky to have your sister. She's the best!!! She's so talented. I'm just amazed with anyone that can walk and knit at the same time. Heck, I can't even walk and chew gum. :)

cubedog said...

< blush >
Michelle-remind me to talk to you about embroidered tags.....